Everyone today is in a dire need of an extended WiFi network all over the house. Be it a large building or any sprawling piece of property, an extender network will help you enjoy seamless internet everywhere. So, in that case, apply some basic guidelines given below to extend the range of your wireless network. One of the best tips is to invest in a WiFi range extender. We would recommend using a Netgear WiFi extender. You can set up any Netgear range extender model like you can go for Netgear EX2700 setup.
Mywifiext.net: NETGEAR Extender Setup
Here is how you can do this:
- Connect your updated firmware of router with the existing modem and bring them both in the room of range extender.
- The range extender supposed to be in the room of computer.
- Visit any internet browser as you prefer.
- In the address bar either type mywifiext or 192.168.1.250.
- Enter login credentials (default).
- As soon as you hit the enter key, you will be navigated to the Netgear login page which is also known as the NETGEAR Genie dashboard. Thereafter, following all prompts will help you get through the setup process.
As soon as the Netgear extender setup process is completed, you can access its network using the network name Netgear_ext.
Check Also: The Ultimate Guide to Everything on Yahoo
Mywifiext.com: Extend a Wireless Network
Set up Netgear Router as a Base Station
Be certain that your router is properly connected to the computer/ laptop. Open a web browser, type the default IP address of your device, enter the login credentials and log into the router’s web interface.
Find your Basic Wireless Settings
For this, you have to confirm that, which should be located on the main login screen and which should be located under the settings. Also, be sure that your router is placed openly and broadcasting live and active internet connection (strongest as possible).
Note: If you haven’t changed the default settings of username and password yet, consider changing them at once. Make a note that will help you in remembering the default details in future and setting up your wireless repeater (secure).
Select a Menu Item that Says Repeating
By selecting this option, you will be prompted to select an option to enable repeating function within the range of your network. By now, you will able to establish the primary router as your base station.
Enter the MAC Address (Media Access Control), Address of the Router or Repeater
MAC address of your Netgear wireless extender can be located at the back of the device. This MAC address is of about 14-16 characters long. You can identify it easily as it will be either a group of 4 characters separated by periods or 8 groups of 2 characters that will be separated by hyphens or colons.
Unplug the Ethernet Cable from the Base Station and Plug it to your Repeater
Now lay your hands on a computer and launch any internet browser onto it. Look at the top of the web browser, you see an address bar, we need you to type the default IP address of your base station into it.
After that, you have to go to the basic settings and assure that your wireless repeater is able for communicating with the correct wireless network.
- From repeating settings menu, enable the signal repeating function.
- Now, you will be prompt to enter MAC address of your base station.
- Save these settings.
- Disconnect your repeater from your computer.
- Find a suitable place away from dust and interference creating WiFi devices to spot your wireless repeater.
- Enjoy the maximum signal extension all over without any buffering in videos or signal breakage.
Can’t access mywifiext.net? When you experience www.mywifiext.net refused to connect issue, then use 192.168.1.250 IP address as URL. It is known as the default IP address to access the Netgear Extender setup page. With the help of this IP address, both basic and advanced settings of extender can be changed.
In order to access 192.168.1.250 IP address, turn on computer or laptop and open a browser of your choice. In the address bar, type either http://192.168.1.250 and press Enter key. It will redirect to login page. Enter username and password to continue. Once done, it will open NETGEAR Genie Setup page which provides on-screen steps for New Extender Setup.
However, the only issue which maximum users face is that 192.168.1.250 shows error messages saying ‘this site can’t be reached’. To resolve such errors, delete browser history, cache and cookies and restart computer or laptop and try again.