Are you having a hard time because your Wireless n WiFi repeater login is not working up to the mark? Well, performing factory default reset can bring you luck? This post will provide you with a step-by-step guide to reset your repeater. So we advice you read out this entire post without missing the important steps. Keep reading!
Methods to Reset Wireless N Repeater
You can restore your repeater to factory default settings either using the Hard Reset Method or the Soft Reset method. Let’s discuss both methods individually.
Soft Reset of the Wireless N WiFi repeater can be performed by accessing the login page. Given below are the instructions you need to follow while resetting your Wireless N repeater via the Soft Reset Method:
- Plug your Wireless N wireless extender into the working wall outlet and ensure that it is receiving a continuous power supply.
- Now, get access to your PC or a laptop and open a web browser on it.
- Consider updating the web browser before doing anything else. Also, clear its cookies, cache, and browsing history.
- Now, head over to the URL bar of the web browser and type 192.168.10.1 into it.
- Press the Enter key to reach the Wireless N login page.
- Now, enter the default user ID and password of your device into the required fields and hit Log In.
- Now you will redirected to the setup page.
- Thereafter, go to the Settings section and find the Reset option.
- Click the Yes button to confirm the selection and let your device reset properly.
In this way, you can restore your repeater to the factory default mode using the Soft Reset method. Now, let us shed light on the steps to reset the WiFi extender using the Hard Reset method.
You can opt for the Hard Reset method if you want things to happen in an instant. In this method, you need to physically press the Reset button on your WiFi device. Let us find out how.
- Ensure that your device is plugged into a wall socket.
- Once ensured, start finding the Reset button on your extender.
- The moment you find the Reset button, grab a paper clip or a pin (whatever you prefer to use).
- Use it to press the button carefully.
- Hold your horses until and unless the extender does not get restored to the factory default settings.
In this manner, you can restore your Wireless N repeater to the factory default mode via the Hard Reset method.
No matter which method you choose to reset your WiFi extender, you have to perform WiFi repeater setup again.
Re-install Wireless N Repeater
- Connect your extender to the existing router using a wired or a wireless source.
- Access the login page using the default web address.
- Log in to your repeater by providing the default admin details.
- As soon as you reach the extender setup page, you will see a few prompts on the screen.
- Walk through those prompts to complete the configuration of your extender.
And you’re done! Your Wireless N extender is all set to provide you with a lag-free internet connection.
Our guide to reset the Wireless N repeater comes to an end here. Hopefully, the aforementioned steps will help you restore your repeater to the factory default mode in a hassle-free manner.