Netgear Orbi is the amazing mesh WiFi system that millions of people use right now to access the blazing internet speed throughout the house. But, sometimes users face issues with the device due to outdated and corrupted firmware. Updating the firmware of your Netgear Orbi system is important to ensure optimal performance, security, and compatibility with the latest features. Plus you also increase the life of the Orbi by doing the same. So update your device as soon as possible to get the best performance. If you are unaware of the procedure then worry not. Here are the easy steps to update the firmware by accessing the Netgear router login IP.
Instructions to Update Orbi Firmware
Power on Orbi
- The very first thing you need to do is plug the Orbi into the socket.
- Press the power button to turn on the Orbi.
- Keep waiting for some time until the device is powered on properly.
Switch on the Computer or Laptop
- Now turn on the computer or laptop according to which one you have in your home.
- Make sure the device you use for the process should get a sufficient power supply.
- You can use the UPS to give the battery backup in case of a power cut.
Connect Computer to Orbi Network
- Open the network list of your computer.
- Look for the Orbi network name.
- Click on the SSID of Orbi.
- Connect to it.
Launch Internet Browser
- The next step you need to do is open the internet browser.
- Ensure that the browser you will use for the process should be running on its updated version.
- You can use any of these browsers Chrome, Firefox, Mozilla, or Bing.
Access the Default IP
- Now you need to access the default address for the Orbi login
- In the address bar, type either “http://orbilogin.com” or “http://192.168.1.1”.
- Once you insert the default address into the URL press the Enter key to access the Orbi router login page.
Log In to Orbi
Enter the default username and password. If you haven’t changed these settings, they should be:
- Username: admin
- Password: password
Check for Firmware Updates
Once logged in, you’ll be on the Orbi dashboard. Look for a notification indicating that a firmware update is available. It might be on the main dashboard or under a “Settings” or “Advanced” section.
Download and Install the Firmware Update
- If a firmware update is available, click on the notification or navigate to the “Firmware Update” section.
- Click the “Check” or “Update” button to initiate the update process. Wait for the Update to Complete
- The firmware update process may take a few minutes. During this time, do not power off or unplug your Orbi system.
- The system lights might blink and the router might reboot during the update process. This is normal.
Review the Update Status
Once the update is complete, you should see a confirmation message indicating that the update was successful. The Orbi system may also reboot again.
Log Back In After the Update
After the update is finished, you may need to log in again to the Orbi router login page using the same steps as before.
Confirm the Firmware Version
Once logged in, navigate to the firmware section again to ensure that the update was successfully applied and that your Orbi system is now running the latest firmware version.
Configure Settings (if needed)
Sometimes, firmware updates can reset certain settings. Double-check your Wi-Fi network name (SSID), password, and other settings to ensure they are still configured correctly.
Complete the Process
Once everything is confirmed to be working properly, you’ve successfully updated the firmware of your Netgear Orbi system.
Hence, in this way, you can update your Orbi firmware. Once the Orbi is updated you will get the blazing fast internet speed along with the best performance.