TP-Link Deco app has made it easier for users all across the globe to set up TP-Link extenders from the comfort of their homes. However, the TP-Link Deco app doesn’t just have pros. It also has a list of cons that trouble users.
One of the most common issues that users face while using this mobile app is, ‘TP-Link Deco app not working’. If you are also experiencing the same issue, consider it gone. Walk through the below-mentioned troubleshooting hacks and learn how to make the Deco app get back on its feet.
Why is TP-Link Deco App Not Working?
There can be a number of reasons why your brain is busting because of the TP-Link Deco app not working issue. Some of them are as follows:
- Your TP-Link Deco app is not updated.
- The app isn’t installed properly.
- WiFi as well as cellular data are enabled on your mobile device.
- You haven’t used the correct tplinkrepeater.net login credentials.
- Viruses have made your mobile device home.
- Technical glitches can also lead you to the TP-Link Deco app not working issue.
Now that you are familiar with the reasons behind the issue you are currently facing, have a glance at the following hacks to troubleshoot the issue.
Solved: TP-Link Deco App Not Working
- Reboot Your Mobile Device
As mentioned above, sometimes, technical glitches can stop your TP-Link Deco app from functioning well. To get rid of these glitches, it is recommended that you reboot your mobile device. Here’s how to do that:
- Power off your mobile device by pressing the button located at its right side.
- Wait for some time.
- Thereafter, press the Power button for a second or two and wait for your device to get powered up.
Now, check whether you are able to resolve the TP-Link Deco app not working issue. If not, follow the next TP Link troubleshooting hack.
- Reinstall the Deco Application
Make sure that you have installed the TP-Link Deco app properly. If you haven’t, then uninstall and reinstall the app by following the below-outlined steps:
- Tap the icon of the Deco app and uninstall it.
- Go to the Google Play Store or Apple App Store (Android and iOS respectively).
- Search for the TP-Link Deco app.
- Tap the Search icon.
- From the displayed list of options, select the Deco app.
- Tap Download.
In a minute or two, the TP-Link Deco application will get installed on your mobile device.
- Check the Login Credentials
If you have not used the correct username and password to access the web user interface of the TP-Link Deco app, then do it now.
In case you are not sure regarding the default login credentials of your repeater, it is advised that you refer to the user manual.
- Disable Cellular Data
If the Cellular as well as WiFi options are enabled at the same time on your mobile device, that can be troublesome.
To troubleshoot the issue, disable the Cellular Data option for some time. Additionally, check whether you have enough data cap to access the Deco app settings on your mobile.
- Perform a Virus Scan
Another thing that you can do to troubleshoot the TP-Link Deco app not working issue is to perform a virus scan on our mobile device.
If your device is infected with virus or any other malicious software, install antivirus software to get the problem solved.
Bonus: In case none of the aforementioned tips help you get rid of the Deco app not working issue, consider accessing http://tplinkrepeater.net to log in to your TP-Link range extender in a happy-go-lucky way.
Our full-scale guide to troubleshoot the TP-Link Deco app not working issue has come to an end here. It is expected that after following the aforementioned troubleshooting tips, you will be able to make the most out of your Deco app.
Liked reading this article? Whether it is good or bad, do not forget to leave your feedback in the comment section.