Many users are aware of the process of performing Netgear EX6400 setup using a computer or laptop. However, if you are not a computer user, how will set up a Netgear wireless range extender in your home? Well, we have the answer to the question. And that is, using the Nighthawk app.
The Netgear Nighthawk app is a user-friendly mobile app that operates on both iOS and Android devices. So, regardless of what device you own, you won’t face issues while performing Netgear EX6400 setup.
In this article, we have mentioned the step-by step guidelines through which you can easily configure a Netgear EX6400 wireless extender using the Nighthawk app. So, read on.
Before Getting Started
Do not initiate the process of Netgear EX6400 setup without ensuring that it is placed away from the following things:
- Cordless Phones
- Washing Machines
- Baby Monitors
- Bluetooth Speakers
- Fish Tanks
- Microwave Ovens
Additionally, place your Netgear extender in the same room as that of the wireless router. This will prevent you from facing issues while you are trying to login to Nighthawk router or extender in the future.
Steps to Perform EX6400 Setup Using Nighthawk App
Here is how you can install a Netgear EX6400 WiFi extender using the Nighthawk app:
Power up Your Netgear Extender
- Start with the basics first: plug your Netgear EX6400 wireless range extender into a wall socket.
Precaution: Make sure that your device is plugged into a damage-free electrical outlet.
- Press the Power button.
- Wait for a few secondsand let the LED become solid green.
Connect Extender to Router
- Grab an Ethernet cable.
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to your Netgear EX6400 range extender and another to your existing router.
Precaution: The Ethernet cable that you’ll use to connect your devices should not have any cuts on it. Also, the connection between your extender and router should be finger-tight.
- If you want to take the easier road, connect your devices with the help of a wireless source.
Download the Nighthawk App
- Unlock your mobile device.
- Navigate to the Google Play Store if you are an Android user and go to the Apple App Store in the case you are using an iOS device.
- Search for the Netgear Nighthawk app.
- Tap Search.
- A list will appear displaying certain results.
- Select the Nighthawk app and tap the Download button.
- In some time, the Netgear Nighthawk app will get installed.
Note: Do not perform any background activities on your device while the app is getting installed. Otherwise, you won’t be able to perform Netgear wireless extender setup.
- Launch the app on your mobile device.
- Create a Netgear account using your full name, email address, and password.
Log in to Your EX6400 Extender
- Log in to your Netgear EX6400 extender using the default username and password.
Note: If you are not sure regarding the default login credentials, it is recommended that you refer to the user manual. There is no such detail about your device that you wouldn’t find there.
- Tap the Log In option.
- You will find yourself on the Netgear Nighthawk setup wizard.
- To complete the Netgear EX6400 extender setup process, you need to follow the on-screen prompts.
If you follow these instructions, you will surely be able to configure your Netgear wireless range extender in a hassle-free manner and access the internet on all your WiFi-enabled devices.
If you want to set up a Netgear EX6400 wireless range extender using the Nighthawk app, you should surely take the help of the steps mentioned in this post.
Once you are done configuring your extender, you can access the internet in every nook and cranny of your home. If you do, don’t hesitate to leave a word of appreciation in the comment section below.