Ever since the WiFi range extenders have been introduced, it has become very easy to access the extended internet signal without any issue. Linksys wireless range extenders are the first choice of users to boost and expand the existing router range. Linksys extender setup is quite easy and simple process and doesn’t require any additional software or resource. You just need to access its default web-based user interface and follow the simple on-screen prompts. Despite the fact that your router utilizes the latest technology and has world-class features but when you are sitting in a corner of the home or office, you don’t receive WiFi signals and thus can’t access internet. WiFi signals get refracted from the ceiling, walls, and other similar objects. This makes WiFi signals weak. To remove this problem, you just need to perform the Linksys range extender setup for your sweet home or workplace. You can opt for any extender like get the Linksys RE6400 setup done.
Linksys Extender Installation can improve the existing signals incoming from the router. Use any of the under-mentioned methods for Linksys WiFi extender setup:
Linksys Range Extender Setup – Manual Method
The steps involved for manual Linksys range extender setup process are highlighted below:
1. First of all, plug in the extender to the wall socket. If it is not turned on, you will not be able to access
the default Linksys setup extender page.
2. Ensure that the extender is properly plugged in.
3. Power up your computer or laptop.
4. Make sure it connected to a reliable wireless network.
5. Open the browser and navigate to the extender.linksys.setup page.
6. The Linksys range extender set up page should open now.
8. Here you will find two empty boxes that are to be used to enter the username and password.
9. So, fill in them accurately without making any errors and proceed further.
10. After this, select the Manual radio button.
11. Enter security settings that are compatible with the router.
12. Finally, click on the network you want to expand using Linksys WiFi extender setup.
13. Do not forget to hit the Save Settings button before leaving the page.
14. If all the LEDs on Linksys wireless range extender are now stable, this implies it is ready to be used.
That’s it! The Linksys extender has been set up successfully via manual method. You can now enjoy ultra-fast internet in every corner of home by connecting to new extended Linksys extender setup-xxx network.
Linksys WiFi Extender Setup – WPS Method
In this method you need a WPS enabled router. So if you have also purchased a Netgear router, then firs get it configured by using http //myrouter.local and then proceed with setting up your extender. Setting up Linksys Extender in the WPS mode doesn’t require you to enter the password to connect to the extended WiFi network. You can either press the physical WPS button or access the web-based setup page. Here are the steps to setup Linksys WiFi extender using WiFi Protected Setup (WPS):
WPS Button- WPS button can be found on the side panel of Linksys extender.
• Power on the range extender.
• Press WPS button.
• Connect the smart devices to the Linksys Extender Setup-xxx network.
And there you are. The Linksys range extender setup has been done using WPS.
How to Reset Linksys Extender?
Check Also: 5 Handy Tips for Extending a Wireless Network
Still unable to perform Linksys range extender setup? If so, try resetting Linksys extender
to the default factory settings and setting it up again.
There are two methods to reset Linksys extender: Manual Reset and Web-Based Reset.
Resetting Linksys extender will clear all your extender’s customized settings, including the
network password. So it is recommended to take a backup of all the recent settings before
getting started with the Linksys extender reset process.
Here are the steps to manual reset Linksys extender:
• First of all, plug in the extender to a wall socket.
• Press the Reset button.
• Once done, restart Linksys range extender using the power button.
• Make use of an Ethernet cable to connect the extender. You can also connect the range
extender in a wireless manner. Once done, you are ready to go for
Read Also: How to Solve the routerlogin.net Refused To Connect Issue?
This Linksys extender reset method requires you to access the http://extender.linksys.com web address.
• Power on your Linksys WiFi range extender.
• Launch any internet browser and go to extender.linksys.setup page.
• A new window will appear asking for username and password.
• Fill in the default Linksys extender setup details.
• Click on the Ok button to proceed further.
• If you have ever changed the credentials, use the current ones.
• The basic welcome screen displays.
• Select the Factory Defaults option.
• Wait for two minutes and let the Linksys extender reset process complete.
• Finally, click on Save Settings button.