If you want to enhance the security of your Linksys Velop system, start by changing its password. Wondering how to do that? Well, wonder no more! Simply walk through the instructions mentioned below and learn how to change the Velop Linksys password.
How to Change Linksys Velop Password?
- Launch an Internet Browser
- Start the process of changing the Linksys Velop password by switching on your computer.
- Launch a web browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Opera, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, etc on your WiFi-enabled device.
- Thereafter, use the default web address to proceed further.
- Perform Linksys Velop Login
- Once you are on the login page of your device, you will be asked to enter the default Linksys router login details.
- Thus, input the default username and password and click the Log In button.
- In some time, you will get redirected to the main dashboard.
- Change Velop Password
- Look for the Connectivity option under the Router Settings menu.
- Click the option to reveal several details regarding your Linksys router.
- Click the Basic tab and select Edit.
- Enter the strongest password that you are aware of and click the Apply button.
- In a minute or two, your changes will come into effect.
Note: Whether you have performed Linksys Velop AX4200 setup or configured any other router in your home, the procedure to change the password will remain the same.
In case you stuck at any point while trying to change the password of your Velop system, take the help of the following troubleshooting steps.
Can’t Change Linksys Velop Password?
- Make sure that your Linksys Velop system is getting an adequate power supply from the wall socket. If it isn’t, consider plugging your device into another wall socket.
- If you have installed antivirus software on your WiFi-enabled device, consider disabling them temporarily.
- Ensure that your device has access to a super-fast internet connection. If it doesn’t, get in touch with your Internet Service Provider. If your ISP disagrees that the issue is from his side, then chances are that there is something else stopping you from changing the password of your device.
- Check that the web browser you are using is not accumulated with cache and cookies. Also, make sure that it is running on its updated version. Otherwise, you might come across other technical issues.
- Ensure that your device is kept away from:
- Cordless phones
- Washing machines
- Baby monitors
- Bluetooth speakers
- Fish tanks
- Microwave ovens
- Aluminum studs
- Concrete wall
- Utensils containing water
- Do not commit typos while entering the default web address in the address bar of your web browser. Also, make sure that you are typing it in the search bar.
- If you have installed antivirus software on your WiFi-enabled device, consider disabling them temporarily. Such software can prevent you from accessing certain websites, in your case, the main dashboard.
- While changing the password of your Linksys Velop system, avoid switching off your WiFi-enabled device and do not perform any background activities.
We hope that after following the aforementioned troubleshooting steps, you will be able to change password of your Linksys Velop system.
The Bottom Line
Our guide to change Linksys Velop password has come to an end here. We hope that after following the guidelines mentioned in this post, you will be able to easily change the password of your device.
If you liked reading this post, do let your fellow readers know via the comment section.